HOW TO BE AUTHENTIC, LEAD OTHERS
AND CREATE STRONG CONNECTIONS
Are your conversations so controlled they lack the ability to connect with other people? Do you find yourself holding back for fear of revealing too much or saying the wrong thing? What can you do to make your conversations more real?
Bring nuance, depth, and meaning to every conversation you have
The Art of Communication is for anyone who senses that they could be communicating on a deeper level. Perhaps you are a confident communicator but suspect there may be more to the art of conversation that you have not yet been able to access. Or perhaps you feel that your conversations lack depth and meaning and that you’d like to enrich your relationships with others, if only you knew how. This book will address your concerns and show you how to engage wholeheartedly with others.
There’s more to conversation than just clear, rational thinking. Left-brain rationality is important, of course, but neuroscience increasingly shows that the right-brain skills of creativity, intuition and spontaneity are essential in good communication. In this guide, you’ll discover ways of tapping into the full conversational potential that lies dormant within you, adding a level of nuance and watching the result as your relationships blossom. You may even find that untapped value in the form of new insights, ideas and creative thoughts, emerges from your daily conversations.
- Access the more nuanced arts of conversation to create strong connections and tangible results
- Build cross-disciplinary, cross-cultural connections to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds
- Activate your whole mind — not just your intellect — to bring creativity and depth to communication
- Learn to be open-hearted, spontaneous, vulnerable, intuitive, and captivating in every conversation you hold
TAP INTO YOUR INTUITION AND SPEAK FROM THE HEART
Drawing on the expertise of bestselling author and communication expert, Judy Apps, The Art of Communication shows how to develop the ability to become a nuanced conversationalist – one who connects with others and is more fearless, more genuine, more engaging and more creative. The author reveals how to communicate in a meaningful way and:
- Build closer relationships and create intimacy
- Overcome the artificiality and awkwardness of your interactions
- Converse successfully with people of different backgrounds
- Get more rewarding results from your conversations
- Operate from your intuition rather than with self-consciousness and control
The Art of Communication builds your confidence so you can converse from a place where being counts more than conventional skills, and an open heart brings connection and rewards you could only dream of before.
“The authenticity of our relationships depends on our willingness and ability to truly communicate and not only to converse. The Art of Communication is a wise, compassionate and enormously helpful guide in how to do so.” Dr. Jude Currivan, cosmologist, author of The Cosmic Hologram.
“I love this wonderful new book by Judy Apps. It really is the real thing about the art of communication, in particular about the more elusive, hard-to-describe art of communication, when something spontaneous, meaningful and heartfelt happens between people in a conversation.” Judith Lowe, Director at PPD Learning; Training, Coaching in Systemic and Generative NLP